HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Like most business people, you don’t like the business problem of unknown financial surprises, including both grossly overpaying or grossly underpaying for employee benefits.
Both of these situations have consequences. You would agree, we're sure, it would be better to have stability.
We help successful business owners build a better benefit program, often with the same money they are spending on their current benefit program.
Need to meet a specific monthly dollar budget? No problem.
Only want an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), or add an EAP to an existing plan? Just ask about our design flexibilities!
All benefits available for groups as small as one person.
Let's start building a better Benefits Plan today.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
LET US HELP YOU
If you are looking for benefits, you fall into one of these categories:
You already have a benefits plan and for any number of reasons you are doing some research.
Perhaps you haven’t looked lately to see what is available in today's benefits world, maybe you aren’t happy with your current service. Curious how a Health Spending Account will work for you?
You are new to the employee benefits world.
You have questions and need more background information. Are you wondering what the costs will be? Will there be extra administration work?
We will answer all of your questions clearly and quickly.
Helping you navigate the complex benefits landscape with creative, relevant, affordable, and responsive solutions.
THE PROCESS YOU SHOULD EXPECT
1. Introductory Discovery MeetingThis will likely take less than one hour. Tell us your concerns, where your company is positioned, number of employees etc. During the process, an overview of the types of “structures” you may consider using will be discussed. The importance of waiting periods, co-insurance, the often undiscussed liability exposures that you may incur by using optional benefits, and other important issues. You need some food for thought, in order to give careful consideration to our discussions. You need to be presented with accurate and current solutions which apply to your company and staff. If you have an existing plan, we will review it thoroughly and comment. There is no charge for our services at this point.
2. Follow Up Meeting After DiscoveryThis should occur within three to four days of our original meeting. Present suggestions and answer all of your questions. This will get us closer to costs and plan design. Discuss The Benefit Guys' Full Brokerage Services. Discuss proceeding on an AOR (Agent of Record) authorization. No charges at this point. Receive instructions to proceed or defer to a future date.
3. Provide Written Instructions To Get Competitive Quotes And Information For TBGReceive all employee and company data and then request for quotations are sent out with a suggested plan structure to the insurance companies being considered. If a Health Spending Account only is required, this can be set up in house within 48 hours of final details. Traditional quotes are reviewed and assembled into an easy to follow spread sheet for comparison purposes to be presented to the client. An assessment of quotes is done and recommendations are made. This process will take two to three weeks, mostly work we do behind the scenes.
4. Present RecommendationsDiscuss results of the market survey. This can be done online, in person etc., your choice. Answer all questions. We will make a recommendation and it's not always, but sometimes, the cheapest quote: it's about value. Make fine tuning adjustments to plan if necessary; change or add any categories. Choose an implementation date (usually at least 30-60 days, sooner if pressed). Requote the proposed carrier and confirm pricing and benefits, if any changes were made. Usually completed at this point within a couple of days. We then provide documents as required, order benefits booklets etc.
5. Implementation, Follow Up ServiceAround the effective date of the plan, you are provided with benefit booklets for all employees as well as other info. An employee meeting if requested, will be scheduled to introduce the new benefits or changes to the existing plan, and to answer all questions . Assistance in setting up and implementing the program. Ongoing support during implementation. First year renewal period is 12 to 16 months. Complete annual reports are presented with utilization reports; recommendations will be made. Interim meetings during the year with you to discuss any issues or challenges with the program, if required.
6. What to Expect on Annual ReviewsIt really depends on the type of benefits structure we have set up for you. With a Health Spending Account, the utilization is certainly a point of discussion. We also make any changes to amounts and categories which are allowed by CRA. It is important to stay compliant with CRA that all employees are enrolled and if not there needs to be a reason noted in the plan details. If you want to discuss wellness, or any of the other available benefits, we will. With Administration Services Only (ASO), accounts, it's really a matter of reviewing usage and and also review the types of usage. Discuss any current or pending legislation which may affect you. Discuss the service you have received over the year. Review all questions. Including any service issues. Traditional plans provide a full usage assessment by the insurance carrier, which is sent to TBG 60 days prior to the anniversary. We review the renewal proposal, look at costs, pricing changes and do actual calculations to see if the renewal is fair. After renegotiating the renewal rates with the carrier, we provide an in depth report to our clients, with any recommendations we may have. This includes a review of all aspects of the plan. You can ask about any revisions to your plan, which is usually done on the anniversary. We will discuss taking your plan design to the marketplace for current quoting if we find it necessary. We will discuss the service you have been receiving. A Zoom meeting or an in person meeting is scheduled to review the final report and note any discussion points for the coming year. If a mid term claims report is in order we will provide it as required.
The process from first inquiry to implementation can be as quick as a couple of weeks
to as long as a few months, depending on each case requirements.
President, Mortgage Broker
The Financial Forum Ltd.
“It has been many years that John and Isabell have provided service to us personally, to my company and employees.
I just wanted to share a quick note and let you know that The Benefit Guys and their team do a really good job. It has been totally hands free for many years now. They frequently report back to us and annually provide our report, strategy, and options for the following year. The recommendations are always backed up with facts and research. Our choices are easy, on point, on budget and take very little time.
It used to take us hours to monitor and manage this aspect of our business. Now it’s almost like having a consultant right here in the office with us. It’s so simple.
Thank you for many years of great service."
Conestoga Contact Wheel
"First off, when we found The Benefit Guys 12 years ago, the savings quoted for an improved package were substantial. (Compared to our current program at the time.)
There had to be a catch! There wasn’t.
We have had excellent service and The Benefit Guys continue to bring the best coverage for reasonable cost.
Most important is, we trust Isabell, John, and their team to do their job for us."
Dr. Heather Hay
Parkway Back Clinic
"The Benefit Guys have helped my business in setting up a Health Spending Account.
Their team has been prompt, professional and thorough. I have been very pleased with their service and would not hesitate to recommend them."