Medically Retired, Now What?
Who Are the Medically Retired?
Anyone who can't work full or part time because of an illness or injury.
- It can occur at any age.
- Income will stop entirely or be reduced dramatically.
- Living expenses will increase.
- Future employment is questionable.
Is there a Simple Solution?
- Have a long term disability (LTD) benefit package for all employees that will start when any government benefits end.
- With a less loyal workforce today perhaps a 5 year benefit vs to age 65.
- Have separate classes of employees to meet needs and responsibilities, easy to do.
- Make sure the high income employees have suitable supplemental coverage.
- If your budget really matters, put in an inexpensive injury only LTD benefit and get started.
The Benefit Guys offer affordable, meaningful options. Whether you already have a benefits plan or are considering implementing your first one, give The Benefit Guys a call today at 519-622-3347 for a personal, confidential discussion. We have access to the best plans and the best advice available today.
"No matter how many employees you have - it's perfect. And it starts with one!"
Our Best Practices Annual Review is available for download. You need to reduce your benefits liability exposure. The content in this document will help you.