Are Critical Illness Benefits Critical?
A simple explanation of Critical Illness Benefits
• CI is now available as a group benefit with a regular group plan.
• Very affordable on a group basis.
• CI is also now available on an individual basis.
• Pays a defined tax free lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a critical illness, disease or event. For example heart attack, stroke, cancer, blindness etc.
• The benefit received is not relative to any income requirements.
• You can be assured you will have cash on hand to cover all those expenses you didn't consider like lost spousal income, outside testing and treatment, gas, parking, meals, babysitters, additional supplies etc.
• You may have LTD benefits or savings. They get used up pretty fast because all your regular expenses do continue when a critical illness hits a family member.
• Critical Ilness benefits are not subject to any offsets whatsoever.
One of our founders, John K. just got back to work after being diagnosed and treated for a rare cancer. He lost just over a year of productivity. He had a successful stem cell transplant last year. Send him a personal note with your specific concerns and he will be happy to help you with a personalised answer. John has first hand knowledge about all those hidden expenses when a critical illness hits and he can help you.
Added Value coming every month starting in March
• Coming in March, our Newsletter will not only have tips and advice, but look for our new "value added" segment. You won't be disappointed.
• Speaking of added value, don't forget to verify your travel insurance coverage. It was all over the news in the past month about the Canadian skier, Sarah Burke, who was severly injured and died as a result of a skiing accident in the USA. Almost $250,000 in costs for 5 days in the hospital. And those are just the expenses that made the news. None of us are exempt or fortunate enough to have a "fund raiser" to cover our bills. We are personally responsible to pay the bill! Get some travel insurance insurance info here. We also now carry benefits for the new super visa requirements.
Whether you are a one person company or you have a business with 25 employees, call The Benefit Guys today. We will do a complete market survey for a new benefit package if you don't yet have one, or we will analyse your existing benefit package to assure you are getting the best value for your money. We can probably save you a minimum of 15-20% of your monthly benefit costs.
Have you considered a Health Spending Account? Are you sure you understand this product? It's a great way to control costs.
Do You Need Today's Best Mortgage Rates?
Use our affiliation with Northwood Mortgages and Robin Glecoff #M08006553 with years of experience specializing in mortgages for the self employed. Get what you deserve, not what your bank is offering.